Saturday, February 23, 2019 | By: Tracey

The things that save you can also break you.

I never thought I would be the kind of gal who needs saving.  The whole damsel in distress was not my kind of thing.  I didnt rely on people for emotional support.  Was pretty much closed off from people. 

Then I lost my dad and then my sister.  My dad's health wasn't so great so I guess I was waiting on that call.  My sister was unexpected.  I lost it.  I spiraled and I didn't know how to stop the flood of constant emotion. 

Who knew that my "salvation" would show up in the form of a 24 year old guy.  I wanted to feel alive and do stupid things.  And I guess I thought, who better?  Surprisingly, we had a lot in common.  Conversations were pretty epic, even though the age difference... 

We had adventures.  He's what kept me alive.  Everything else was going to shit but those adventures are what kept me going.  Maybe I did fall a little. I knew that it would never amount to anything.  It was what it was. 

He said that he met me during a sad time and it could never be anything.  I found that funny because I met him at the worst time in my life. 

I'm not sure he knows that he saved my life.  For that I will be grateful for.